10.07.2006

Mahoromatic Rebuild


Coming soon! Another one of Gainax's often overlooked shows is Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden, and it's sequel Something More Beautiful. Personally, I found the shows to be amazing, EXCEPT the ending was completely terrible. I couldn't think of a worse way to end a series. It was almost as if they were intentionally trying to piss off the fans. Well, I've decided to create a rebuild of Mahoromatic in the form of films. The episodes have been spliced together into films to give a slightly different version of Mahoromatic. One that won't leave a bitter taste in your mouth at the end. Here's some of the things to expect:

1) All references to Mahoro's life span removed.
2) All references to Management removed.
3) Ryuga will remain Mahoro's final enemy.
4) Episode title, eyecatches, openings, closings removed (for obvious reasons).

The last thing I need is a proper title. I've been thinking about Rebuild, Reboot, Remix, etc. Can anyone come up with something else? Most likely this will be a series of three films in order to include most of the episodes, and get a richer, fuller understanding of the characters. Currently, the first film in the series has been edited completely, but so far there are no subtitles yet. I'll keep posting as more info comes along.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Nicholas said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I logged into this account that has remained inactive for years just to respond to this. I finished watching Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful almost ONE YEAR AGO (October 12, 2005) and I've always loved the series and hated the ending; in fact, it actually left somewhat of an emotional scar on me because it had one of those "bad" sad endings, and from then on I was completely unable to enjoy any "good" sad endings. I had made it my goal to find some way to "fix" the ending at least semi-canonically before the one-year period was over. All hope had seemed lost, then I checked back here to find any updates on Instrumental Extras and boy, was I surprised to find this. You are indeed quite a savior for me.

However, I do have a few questions/concerns about the way that you say you're re-editing this:

1. You say all references to Management have been removed. Does that mean Minawa is no longer in the series?

2. You say Ryuga is the final enemy. Does that mean most of Something More Beautiful was removed, if not its entirety?

3. Although the ending is, in my opinion, arguably the worst ending in the history of endings for anything and has literally emotionally hurt me more than any fictional show, anime or otherwise, it was actually the darker elements that attracted me in the first place, and, in fact, what seemed to set it apart from other run-of-the-mill maid shows. I do think its ending should be completely changed, but would it just become a regular ecchi show with sci-fi elements through your re-edits?

4. And finally, as I am a practicing amateur animator, I would be happy to animate any new (but preferably not very long) sequences, free of charge, if you wish for some or feel that they would be helpful. I can almost guarantee you that they will fit in with the style/quality of the rest of the show, and in fact I have already done a few very short Mahoromatic-related animations out of boredom/practice recently. I don't know if new dialogue can be done, however, for obvious reasons. If you are interested, please e-mail me at drizzlingenthalpy@gmail.com. If not, if there is any other way that I could help, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Once again, thank you, and I wish you the best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home