4.25.2006

Subtitles Piss Me Off

There are no properly timed subtitles for Death(true)2 anywhere in existence on the internet. Therefore, I've been spending the past week (since the day I got the DVDs in the mail) working on a timed subtitle script. If you haven't seen Death(true)2 then you don't realize that this is a huge pain in the ass. Plastered throughout the movie are flashes of Japanese text that stay on screen for maybe a quarter of a second. This means I have had to use my subtitling program on a video speed of 20% in order to sync up the subs correctly. Even then they still go by too fast. So far I have gotten up to the end of Eva Unit 01's first battle. It looks like I have a long way to go before I reach the final scene of End of Evangelion. This is taking much longer than I had anticipated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home