4.18.2006

Menu Screens

These really took me forever to finally get to work. My intent was originally to have a full-motion menu, but in order to save space for content that idea was scrapped. Next, I wanted to include a moving cursor in the shape of the NERV logo. That, however, was beyond my ability. But, I did manage to come up with a trick that simulates a NERV logo cursor. Basically, there is a hidden image of the logo next to every menu option. Only when that option is selected will the logo be highlighted. It actually works pretty well. The menus were a pain in the ass as far as centering and formatting the text so everything will fit properly on the screen. Asuka's menu was the first I worked on and it probably went through five versions before I finally got it right. Well, enough jibber-jabber, here are the preliminary screen shots:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home