4.07.2006

Episode I: The Chosen One

Sometime back in the middle of February, I finished my very first official fan-edit. For years I have been disgusted with The Phantom Menace, just like everyone else in the world. After previewing a brilliant fan-edit by ADigitalMan, I set out to create my own version, titled The Chosen One. Since I undertook this project before the creation of the blog, here are the final details.

Shorter running time of 2 hours 7 minutes (approx. 6 minutes shorter)

Edits:
* No Midichlorians!
* Most of Jar-Jar's slapstick scenes have been removed or trimmed as much as possible
* Most of Anakin's childish behavior has been removed, notably his "Yipee!" lines
* Boss Nass' facial tics and spitting have been removed
* The underwater sequence has been shortened to include the Jedi only being attacked by one giant fish instead of three
* Jar Jar is not made a general
* The Gungan battle is trimmed to removed some of Jar Jar's antics
* Anakin's ship is not on autopilot as he goes into space, all of his actions are deliberate
* The battles between the Gungans/Droids, Padme's Guards/Trade Federation Leaders, and Anakin's Space Battle have been rearranged to create an uninterrupted final fight between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul
* New subtitles for the aliens

Restored Deleted Scenes:

* Dawn before the race
* Extended Lap 2 with music (borrowed from ADigitalMan's Episode I fan edit)
* Anakin fighting Greedo
* Probe Droid following Qui-Gon and Anakin out of town, and the earlier probe sequence was shifted here
* Ask Aak's line is now in Malastarian and subtitled to match his lines in Episode II ( also borrowed from ADigitalMan's Episode I fan edit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home